Tuft

Here is one more from Härjedalen, Sweden. On my way back to the car after photographing a river nearby I saw this red area shining as an island in the woods.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/10, 1/100, ISO 200, Olympus lens 12-40 at 18 mm (36 mm equiv.), Olympus camera OM-D E-M1

3 Likes

Wow, that is vivid. The backlit red leaves are beautiful. My first thought was that the tuft was a hedgehog. :grin:

Ola, you’ve got a great overall glow here. That tuft of grass looks good and the surrounding red leaves really stand out. Quite a scene.

I love this little slice of woods, Ola. The light is to die for and the different textures and shapes a treat for the eye. The red channel looks blown out to me though. There isn’t a lot of detail and there should be. Maybe change to a flatter profile to begin with and see if some can be recovered. Other techniques are using the red channel sliders to reduce saturation and/or luminosity. You could play with the red channel in curves as well, but that’s a pretty tough adjustment with the greens in this image.

@_Kris, @Mark_Seaver and @Bonnie_Lampley thanks for your kind comments.

Thanks for pointing this out, I will look into it!