Autumn Glow

This image was taken at Summer Lake in SE Oregon.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

A great image. The tree with its colors and at the same time a distinct trunk structure is wonderful. I also like the geometrical pattern in the field. Maybe the vibrance of the field could be reduced a tad to make the tree stand out even more.

1 Like

Chris, the tree really stand out with both its shape and color. The pattern in the fields is a good addition. It does look like you did some dodging of the tree and it’s surroundings since that area is a bit brighter than the rest. (That’s something that burning/dodging through luminosity masks can fix, provided your software has that capability. It’s also the kind of detail that most folks won’t notice.)

1 Like

Hi Chris, that is a gorgeous picture. The tree really pops. I used to go to Summer Lake and the refuge there many years ago. Haven’t been for a while because there was very little lake left…

Cheers,
David

1 Like

Ola, Mark, and David - Thank you very much for your helpful feedback.

Really nice image Chris. I like the feedback you have gotten and I would further suggest either cropping down to eliminate the bright slice in the ULC or clone it out. Beautiful tree nicely composed.

1 Like

This is absolutely gorgeous, Chris! I love the colors and the placement of the tree is perfect!

1 Like