Reflections from Above

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

One of the best pond experiences ever.

Technical Details

ISO 200, 1/5 Sec, F12, Schneider-Kreuznach APO Digitar f4.5/90mm AU No.54 MC, SB Mount on Alpa, Phase IQ4150 Achromatic, 1.5 degree tilt

3 Likes

First off welcome to NPN Louis. This is an awesome capture and a little bit of a mind bender! The lily pads and flower appear to be floating in air. The diagonals also work beautifully. I can see why this was a great experience. I could see cloning out a few places in the cloud where you can see what appears to be a few lighter straight lines. That is being picky as this is a great B&W image. I hope to see more of your images and commenting on other’s work.

Ed, Thanks for taking the time to give specific comments on the image. It is such a relaxing scene that I have the print on the wall next to me.

First, welcome, Louis. Second, I too got the beautiful “floating in air” feeling. Then the great reflection of the flower attaches it to the water, in a strange way! I agree with Ed that a couple of streaks in the LL quarter could be cloned out , though I think the long one is a stalk. This definitely deserves to be not just on your wall, but on others too.

Welcome Louis! This is an absolutely gorgeous (and mind-bending) image – I LOVE IT!! The reflection of the flower takes it from a 10/10 to an 11/10, if not more!!

I hope you’ll become a regular here! I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Thanks Mike. My eye does not seem to see subtle tones, but only stronger luminance values and that must be why I never saw those straight lines. Seems easy to correct once I see them. As for others walls, I can only print up to 17" paper, but anyone who wants this image, just let me know.

Diane. Gosh you make me blush with your 11/10 comment. I never realized how others could appreciate this image. Glad the “pond” subject convinced me to pull it out for viewing here.

As for more work my introduction image I would like comment on, but not sure how to receive comment on it. I guess I should submit it under “On the Road” since it was one of those spur of the moment captures.

Louis, welcome to NPN! I, too, joined recently and love this group!

I agree with the other comments, including the lines to be cloned out, otherwise, it is perfect. My eye is easily drawn across the frame by the lily pads as they and the lily nestle in the clouds. Absolutely beautiful!

Thanks for your comments and encouragement. I never realized how one image can affect others and since we are all photographers that means even more to me.

1 Like

Louis, welcome to NPN. What a neat photo. I agree with others that this is a mind bending image. Very well seen and captured.

Also appreciate the comment. Thanks so very much.

1 Like

You can edit the original post with the pencil icon in the lower right and add a bit of an introduction. I’m sure everyone would love to get acquainted with you! Or just pick another image and do an introduction there. No rule it has to be your first post.