A New Day

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The edge of this small lake is shallow and there is a plentiful supply of emerging vegetation. The sunrise cast a warm light in the lily pads producing this golden layer . This small lakes are plentiful in the Pocono. Mtns. in NE PA and a good source of fall color with great reflections

Specific Feedback

All are welcome

Technical Details

Canon 5dMII 70-200 lens 1/15 sec @f/16

2 Likes

Wonderful color contrast between the warm yellows/oranges and blues/greens. And very nicely composed along a diagonal.

I find this image to be very appealing! As mentioned above the color combination is a huge draw. However, I would add that the texture combination of the perfectly smooth water, the sharp, crisp reeds and their shadows and then the much more random shapes of the water lilies really grab my attention. Finally, the way it is composed also appeals to me. I find my eyes going first to the smooth blue water and then wandering around, but always coming back to the water. Great image!

yep, this is a beauty! For the reasons stated by the two gents above and because I like the aspect ratio and the strong diagonal. The top part is like the fire in the sky we get with some sunrises and sets. Things glow and seem deeper here than just a reflection. Gorgeous. Iā€™d hang this one, too.