Regatta +Rework

Rework

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

There are not many structures that add to the beauty of a landscape but this is one of them … Sydney Harbor would be a poorer place without the Sydney Opera House. These are the ‘sails’ of the opera house.

Specific Feedback

Any feedback welcome

Technical Details

150 mm at ISO 100 and 1⁄400sec at ƒ/8

Don, Without reading your description, I immediately thought Sydney Opera House. Great abstractish composition. I also like the black sky. My wife and I were there in 2019 during vivid Sydney and got some nice images in multicolors. How about getting rid of the gray lines at the bottom and just match the black sky? I’d also wipe out the cloud at the top and go with solid black that is real striking against the white sails that have nice texture and pattern.

Dramatic composition with well-handled tonalities! Well done!

It is a beautiful structure, Saundie, and I really like your interpretation. I do agree with Larry on going full black for the sky. The structure at the bottom works fine for me as-is.

@Larry_Greenbaum Thanks Larry, hope Vivid lived up to expectations. Made the adjustments as per your suggestions, thanks! :+1:

@Diane_Miller Thanks Diane! :pray:

@Dennis_Plank Thanks for the feedback Dennis! :pray:

Just for fun, I am attaching one of my images of the Sydney Opera House during vivid Sydney.

Very nice Larry! :+1: