Rework of a Last Years Image

Looking through my older photos while stuck inside I came across this one of old deserted salmon nets on the Solway Firth in Scotland.
It was coming up to sunset on a quiet evening.
Grateful for any advice, criticism etc

Thanks Neil

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

An interesting abstraction in the modern art sense. The colors and lines work very well.

The first thing that struck me about the image is the illusion that it’s not rectangular, that the right side is narrower than the left. That’s because all the line flow diagonally towards the right in a convergent manner. It’s a bit unsettling in that it seems to not be stable. Yet, that may be the point of the composition. Definitely an intriguing image.

I like the graphic shapes of the salmon nets. The drape of the ones on the right are especially appealing. This image is like being in triangle heaven. I also the think the color palette that you used here works pretty well.

Beyond the nets though, something feels unsettling about other lines within the image (as mentioned by @Igor_Doncov). The line at the boundary of the white and gold colors is at an angle that almost feels like it’s a crooked horizon. Part of my brain knows it is not the horizon because the nets look level, but another part of me feels unsettled by the “horizon” looking so strange.

The fog, and the gentle drape of the nets creates a very calm, gentle feeling. The diagonal of the “false horizon” creates tension. At first glance, I found the contrast of calm vs. tension to be unsettling, but the longer look at it, the more I like it. It forces me to stop and think about what I am looking at.

Thanks for the comments both, I am glad you both got the point of the picture, the stress between the two areas. I would love to say I saw that when I took the photo but must confess it only appeared when I was playing with the rework!!

Regards Neil