River Otter with tasty friend

Back to North America. Southwestern Washington. River otter enjoys breakfast.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

any

Any pertinent technical details:

Iso-1600, 100-400+1.4 extender at 520 mm, F8, 250th, Fuji X-T3, handheld, Adobe camera raw 11, Topaz AI Clear, Topaz Adjust, TK sharpening action at 10%

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

What a great sharp image of the otter and catching him with the fish is extra special. If it were mine, I’d rather have more at the top and less of the bottom. IMO the reflection is more distracting than adding anything to the photo. But such a fun shot!

By the way, I’m very jealous. I’ve been wanting to find otters for a while. They’ve been spotted at my local wildlife refuge so it’s my mission now to find them. :slight_smile:

This is a really nice frame from that episode, David. I really like the pose of the otter and the angle of the fish. The partial reflection adds to the image for me.

Looks good David. Nothing like a delicious carp for breakfast! You may not need to sharpen anymore for printing as it is sharp enough as presented. Well done…Jim

Nice capture to you and the otter! The reflection of the fish adds a lot to this.

Great catch for both of you. Love the expression of fish too.
Ideally, I would have liked lower DOFF, but guess that wasn’t possible with the lens you’re using.