RMNP Collection

Aspens and stream

Calypso Cascade

Flood

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is a collection of images from Rocky Mountain National Park, whose theme is water. It had been very wet in RMNP before we arrived in June, and it continued to be wet while we were there. The payoff is that all the streams, rivers and falls were really going.

Technical Details

Except for the last image, all were taken with a Sony A7riv and a Tamron 20-40 f/2.8 lens. The last is an iPhone shot (my “second body”). I posted the third image here before, but not the others

1 Like

This is a really nice set of images from RMNP Will. It looks like you had some nice conditions for capturing these water themed images. #1 is my favorite as I think the SS is perfect; the water has nice movement but also contains detail. The diagonal flow of water works well and I love that splash of water in the LLC. Beautifully done.

This caught my eye because I like the balance of blur and motion in the water in the first image. I like all kinds of water, but sometimes I like a less blur version like this where more of the motion is captured, but it’s not all frozen. They all seem very representative of the place, but I like the simpler/cleaner lines of the first image best. It looks like you had great conditions.

Will, I too really like the first view. You’re choice of shutter speed does a fine job of creating a strong sense of flow in the water while showing decent texture. The contrast between the flowing water and the solid rocks (and trees) adds well to the view. In #4, the detailed texture in the water is eye catching. I do feel like the various greens are not well separated, modest adjustments in temperature and tint can let them add more to the view.