Robin in the bird bath

Description:

This was basically a test of the Bird Eye Autofocus on the Sony A1. I had all AF points active for this It almost feels like cheating!

Specific Feedback Requested:

Anything.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? No

Sony A1, FE 200-600 + 1.4 TC @ 840 mm, hand held, f/9, 1/2000, iso 1600, manual exposure. Processed in LR & PS CC. Cropped to 7626x5084. Taken today at 11:01 AM.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

Wow! Beautiful photo, Dennis! What is the bird eye focus? Is that a special feature on your camera to get perfect focus? I love all the water droplets around the Robin!

Hi Vanessa. Like many newer cameras, this one has Auto focus software that looks for eyes. Within that, you can select Human (left or right), Animal (meaning mammal), or Bird (unique to this camera for now). It seems to work very well thus far.

Hi Dennis,

Looks like you have this camera working well for you. Very sharp and I like the water drops and the soft BG. Awesome shot…Jim

Fine capture, Dennis. Interesting camera feature, but the scene must still be composed well, which you did.

Yup, the eye autofocus on the A1 is cheating…