Rock Within A Rock

This is kind of an abstract I found in southern Utah. The center rock is about 5 inches across.

D850, 70-200mm

Beautiful soft abstract feel to this photo Harley. Hard to understand it is a rock, and so small. The diagonal lines, intersected by the oval shape make for a very intriguing image.

Now that is very cool Harley. I prefer simpler, more minimalist abstracts, so this is right up my alley. The oval almost looks like it it was embossed on the underlying surface. The subtle colors here are really nice, especially the rust color. I think this works well as presented, and it would make a great print.

Harley,
This is a simple scene that most people would not even notice, but I am glad it caught your eye. The large version is particularly nice as the details and textures make for some nice eye candy. I also find the earthtones very appealing as well as the way the diagonal lines intersect with the oval shaped rock. this is yet another great find from your trip!

Harley,

Great eye to spot this one. Not withstanding the geologic story here, the texture, the grittiness, really stands out here.

Not a Harley, “rock my world” kind of image, but very cool none the less.

Lon

Doesn’t do much for me.

Thanks, Igor. I always appreciate and encourage an honest opinion. I wasn’t expecting this one to resonate with too many people, although I quite like it.

Harley, I have to apologize for this. I don’t know why I wrote it because I see many images here that don’t do it for me and I simply don’t comment on them. It’s not that I don’t like it so much as that I don’t understand why you took it. I have tried to look at it from different perspectives and haven’t come up with an insight into it (other than a geological curiosity).

No apology necessary at all, Igor. I was not being facetious in my comment to you. I do appreciate the honest comment. I have learned that most people don’t want to hear “this isn’t doing anything for me”, so I stopped giving that kind of feedback, but I am fine with hearing it when it is what someone thinks as long as it is delivered in a non-malicious spirit. I get it. No worries.

1 Like