"Rod and Reel Pier"

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All comments valued

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments valued

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Sony A7R4, Metabones Smart Adaptor, Canon 70-200mm f/4 lens @ 173mm, ISO 100, 1/20 sec @ f/22.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Beautiful composition and it was very nice for the seagulls to be where they were including the one to the right of the sun. I also love how the rock shore and the pier meet on the right edge. The lonely fisherman on the end of the pier really adds to the composition. I also love how the red light on the shore comes out. I did make a curve adjust in photoshop to take out some of the cyan in the sand by adjusting the red on the curve upward, I used the quick selection and adjusted the mask to make sure the rocks in the right on the sand was not selected. I was trying to give a little contrast between the water and the sand, not a perfect edit. I just download the picture and uploaded the change, it goes without saying I deleted the photo on my disk. Doug, a totally awesome photo.

Dean, I like the beach with a little less cyan/blue in it. It creates the feel of dawn, sort of the way we experienced it…so thanks for the edit.