Venice Beach Fishing Pier at Sunset

Image:

Description:

An HDR processed long exposure of a fishing pier

Specific Feedback Requested:

I know HDR can be overused but I chose to use it here because of the backlit conditions. Does it seem too much processing?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D850, 16-35mm
F13
ISO 400
1/3 sec

Lisa, this is a fine image. I like it as presented. I’d classify it as an artistic approach to a natural scene. Leaning towards a painterly look & feel for me… :sunglasses:
I’ve never done any HDR so I cannot say overdone in that arena per se… :thinking:

1 Like

The processing looks fine to me, Lisa. It’s certainly visible, but it gives it the kind of look that a lot of painters would use and isn’t at all offensive. I like the processing very much. I think you might have been able to get a stronger composition if you’d rotated your camera just a bit to the left. The lone pillar unconnected to the rest of the pier with that relatively large gap between it and the rest looks a bit strange to my eye. The light in this image is wonderful and for my taste your shutter speed was just perfect.

1 Like

Lisa: Dennis saved me a lot of typing. I love the look of this and the final effect. For my tastes this is excellent. >=))>

1 Like