Ruby-throated hummingbird (female)

I’m fairly sure this is a female ruby-throated hummingbird. Image was taken in Montrose Park in DC.

Exciting for me as it is the first picture of a hummingbird I have taken

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

Focus and exposure look spot on, Eddie. It reminds me of where I usually see our hummers since I have the nectar gardens fenced to keep the deer out. I put perches on the fence, but they usually prefer the wire. I really like the wings in the second image. The only suggestion for improvement would be to watch the background a bit more closely as the shade line on the wall is a bit of a distraction. I don’t know if you could have gotten a step to the left or not, but it probably would have helped.

Wow, I so rarely see them perched. And with their tongue out too. Very cool. I like the coloring. I see the comment from Dennis on the shadow line/corner of the building. A little distracting, but not too much since most of the bird is in the sunlit portion.

Hi Eduard
Sometimes, it is nice not toe see the forest for the tree. In this case you’r Hummingbird. I was sow interested in the tung and the wings, that I mist the background. Nice action.
Peter