Ruby-throated Hummingbird

Hummingbird seen earlier this spring. Single on camera speedlite. High speed sync. Background is my lawn before it turned fully green. Flower dipped in sugar water.

Canon 7D2, 400mm f4 DO IS II, 1.4x TC III, tripod, 600 EX-RT speedlite
ISO 640, f6.3, 1/1000s

Any comments appreciated.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Lovely shot Allen, nicely composed and great details.

Stunning, Allen! What works so well is when the background (out of focus) is in the same color palette as the subject as to not distract the eye from the subject. You’ve achieved that here with crystal clear details in the flower and the hummingbird.

Nicely captured image Allen. I like the composition and the wing position of the bird-techs are excellent as well.

Very nice, Allen. I really like the way you arranged the flower and the hummingbird cooperated with a very nice pose and wing position. Well done.

Hello, Allen, the composition makes the image for me; flower and bird are both perfectly placed in the frame ! Cheers, Hans

Excellent hummingbird image. The composition with the diagonals of the flower and the bird along with the beautiful background really add to the appeal of this image. No nits here. You got the color, detail, light, wing motion blur, and a perfectly saturated gorget.

Thanks for sharing this beauty. Perfect.