Ruffles and ridges

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

I really like the graphic nature of this image. I think the B&W conversion works well and there is just enough detail in the shadows.

1 Like

Hi Izzy,
I really love the lines and texture. The deep dark shadows look great!

1 Like

The contrast work very well here Izzy.

1 Like

Good choice for monochrome. It is very strong graphically and I find my eye is held in the frame. My only suggestion would be to lower the texture/clarity in the mid and background. I think going a bit softer back there would add more depth to the image.

1 Like

Very nicely done, Izzy. The B&W conversion has a wonderful range of tones and I like the interplay of light and shadow. The FG furrows in the sand do a wonderful job of leading me into this dunescape.

1 Like

Thank you Kerry. Good suggestion. I’ll check it out.

Really cool. The bottom dune looks like a waterfall of sand ripples spilling over the edge. Very dynamic looking. :+1: :+1:

Real nice dune image and I really like the high contrast B&W processing. That is how I generally see dunes and convert 90% of mine to B&W. It just looks right to me.

1 Like