Iceland landscape

What technical feedback would you like if any? any and all. how cold i have processed this BW better?

What artistic feedback would you like if any? any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: 100 iso 16 mm 18 mm .8 sec

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

Lovely Frank! Looks like Vesturhorn in Iceland with black sand dunes. I like those ripples in the sand whirled to the mountain itself.
I wonder how the overall image would look if you took off the bottom and right 15% or so

I like the way everything in the image leads the eye to the distant peak. This also works well in B&W.

Superb landscape. You could argue that the grass in center right is a bit untidy but that’s really a nit not worth thinking about very much. Love this image for its tonal richness and the emotion it gives off.

Frank, I use the words of @Igor_Doncov , Superb landscape !! Made in a stunning B&W. I like the fairy tail story in it.

Love the way the eye is led deeper and deeper into the photo

This is gorgeous! I love the textures in the sand and the grasses on the right. I want to walk over that sand and see what lies just beyond the nearer rocks. (But I would sure hate to leave footprints!!) Tonalities feel excellent but I wonder if the brightest sky is too bright, but that’s a very small point. The dramatic dark vignette at the top seems a bit heavy – maybe expand it father down and mitigate it a bit? Is there any more on the left? I have an urge to see what might be there.

I like you processing here Frank. It certainly is a superb landscape. I agree with Diane about the dark vignette at the top.

Frank,

Eye candy worthy. I love the textures and extensive range of tones. Awesome…Jim

This looks like a scene right out of Lord if the Rings. Very stunning.

This is a great composition Frank, and the scene was made for B&W. I think the ripples and texture in the sand are amazing. In fact I would consider adding some contrast in the center, and adding some vignetting in the LLC and LRC, both of which would enhance those ripples even further. I would agree with the comment to back off the vignette a long the top frame edge, it is a bit strong for my taste. Here is a rework reflecting where I might take this.