Norway seascape

What technical feedback would you like if any?any and all.

What artistic feedback would you like if any?any and all

Pertinent technical details or techniques: iso 100; 16 mm; f20; 1.0 sec

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

I love the drama and energy of the lines in the sand. The black and white really pops especially with the mountain in the top right emphasizing the texture.

If I had to say anything, maybe more vignette on the right side?

Frank, great use of the sand patterns here to create dramatic leading lines. A perfect subject for B&W. And the clouds and mountain have interesting textures too, your processing of the clouds and mountain looks well handled. The mountain looks great actually. As @michael_tomcal mentioned, I could see burning down the right side sand to balance the tonality a bit. I might also consider darkening the dark stripes in the sand to create a bit more local contrast in the sand.

I would clone away the other photographer at the horizon in the ULC, and there are some dust bunnies in the sand, so a little cleanup is also in order. But overall, this is a really nice image, well done.

Frank,

Love the implied motion here in the sand. Great choice with the b&w too.

Didn’t really think about this initially, but would agree adding just a wee bit more vignette to the URC would seal the deal on this one.

Lon