Rufous Hummingbird

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below. Shot with Fuji XT3, f5.6, 1/500 sec, iso 160, 240mm

That’s a nice moment captured. I lile the blur of the wings and the light on the gorget. The subject seems a bit small in the frame, and if this isn’t already a big crop I’d suggest tightening it up a bit more.

A very nice capture with the hummer coming at you. The background works well. You might try content aware on the white circle on the lower left; it does tend to draw my eye.

Although it’s a little difficult to tell at this size, the bird looks nice and sharp. I like the blurring in the wings and the blurred foreground element. My main critique is that I’d like to see the image larger!

Good suggestion. I can crop this quite a bit more and will do so. Thanks for the observation.

Good idea. I looked at that white spot and tried to eliminate it. My efforts were not very successful though. I decided to just leave it…now I’ll have to try harder!! Thanks.[quote=“Allen_Brooks, post:3, topic:13082”]

A very nice capture with the hummer coming at you. The background works well. You might try content aware on the white circle on the lower left; it does tend to draw my eye.

[/quote]