Sable Antelope

Somewhat unusual equipment:
Leica M Monochrom 1, Visoflex III mirror housing, Telyt-V 280/4.8 (ca 1970) in Televit quick focus mount.

Taken in Majete national Park, Malawi.

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Very good, Jaapv. I like the monochrome approach. The composition works for me as does the background which provides a very nice sense of habitat. It’s nice to see someone post an image of something besides the big 5.

1 Like

Hi Jaapy!
The equipment is a tool, it just doesn’t matter.
The B&W works very fine! Techs are solid and the subject stands out really well.
You may stretch the canvas on the top.

1 Like

Thanks guys :slight_smile: Majete is probably the best place to see large herds of Sable and Eland, on par with Njika Plateau. It is a Big Five reserve, but big cat and rhino sightings are not very common. Elephants and birds are great, shy creatures like Bush Pig and various Mongooses too. I have seen a few African Wild Cats there as well (no photographs :frowning: .) Fortunately it is off the beaten track.

Excellent portrait in habitat Jaapv. A superb choice in processing this in B&W as the antelope pops against the bush background.

It wasn’t processed into B &W, the camera has B&W sensor. :wink:

Beautifully posing Sable Antelope and the setting is ideal for your B&W approach!
Grt, Ingrid.