Salitral #2

This is the second of the series of 3 images of the salt pond. This was shot to the right of the previous one and less directly into the source of light. These salt formations (snakes) were thick at one end of the pond and became sparser and whiter as you got deeper at the other end of the pond. I took a series from one end to the other and am posting them in such an order.

This image is more about a pattern and less high toned than the previous one. I’m curious which one your prefer and why.

GFX50R, 32-64mm

1 Like

Another great image Igor! I like that the foreground ’snakes’ are more prominent here but overall I can’t say that it’s a better image than your first and l like them both equally and together they make a perfect set. I’m looking forward to seeing your 3rd image.

I like the prominence of the “snakes” in this one as they are well defined and take center stage. Overall, I think I prefer the composition and higher key processing of the previous image. Of course they are two different images - and do appreciate you going thru the “series.”

I do think though, that the foreground is tied to the background a bit better as there is some texture/detail and color variation to tie the entire composition together.

Compositionally, for me, the “snakes” as a group have a curved direction that is flowing out of the frame (or nearly) ie. the “lead-in” line effect isn’t working as well as say in the previous image. Not an image killer at all, but an observation.

I like the processing here as it brings out more of the shapes and patterns.

Lon

1 Like

I have not seen the other image yet so I will comment on this one and then come back and let you know what I think. I will say that the middle “snake” being used as the lead in line is really well used. You were careful not to take the tip out of the frame. I do not find my eye wandering off the page because of this. Well done. I also really like that that lead snake has a section of sand running down the middle of it and it stands out because of that. I find that color in the bottom half of the image fades quickly as the eye approaches the center of the image and it’s rather abrupt. I like the soft tones in the sky and that it almost matches the coloration of the water beneath it. This is a really well done abstract for sure. I’ll check out the previous post and let you which one I think is better and why. It might be tomorrow though. The oven timer just went off. :grin:

1 Like

@Lon_Overacker, @David_Haynes, @Tom_Nevesely

Thank you for your comments on this image. I actually prefer this image over the previous one but the consensus both here and elsewhere is that the previous image is better (or more likable).