Sand Patern #3

This is another in my Ancient Sand series. The sand patterns were laid down as long ago as the Pleistocene. It is compacted but not sandstone. Usually the contemporary sand dunes cover it up but occasionally the winter storms will blow it away revealing a fantasy world of shapes and twisting lines.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome

Technical Details

Canon 5D, 24-105mm @33mm, 1/125 sec., f/16, iso 250, hand held. Cropped, global and local contrast adjustments in PS.

1 Like

Don,

You have sure taken advantage of this phenomenal place and natural sand features. Another great image - colors, contrast, all that are top notch.

I like this broader view which is providing more context and “location.” We get a better sense of the bigger picture. Sure, much less abstract, but a very cool image to be sure.

More abstract would of course mean some crop variation - which there are many! But I’m loving this as presented and have no suggestions really. Just fascinating!

Lon

Wonderful lines and textures in this photo! Great tonal variation. I find this image to be very compelling and interesting.

Another wonderful sand pattern image Don! The patterns are great. I like the wider view despite it revealing more and making the image less abstract. Great find.