Pleistocene Sand

About a year ago, my wife and I were escaping COVID by hiking on a virtually deserted beach. I wasn’t really looking for photographs. The high overcast was good light and I discovered that in may places the top sand dunes had been blown away revealing a much older sand formation.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are appreciated

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R5, 24-105mm at 77mm, 1/125 sec, f/16, iso 250

2 Likes

I’m glad you had your camera along. I love the deformation pattern.

Fantastic abstract Don. Only a suggestion, but cropping the lower fuzzy edge would place more focus on sharp details in the upper section. I love images like this.

Very cool abstract! Particularly like the tonal variation.

This is just so cool, Don. Glad you had your camera there to catch this. I really like the overall effect of the sloping lines against the semi vertical crevices. The brown monochromes looks great too. I see what @Eva_McDermott mentions on the lower part, but wonder if cropping might lose a bit of the sense of transition. Either way, an excellent image.

1 Like

Don,

This is quite ‘other-worldly’ - so unique - what a terrific find and capture. It’s actually quite the mind-bender as well. Really, no other words to describe - and of course you have a distinct advantage having viewed this with your own eyes - All we have is our imaginations…

I’ve got nothing to suggest, other that I tried real had to flip, twist and turn the orientation… but given the complete abstract nature of this - there is no orientation that works better than another.

Wonderful nature image, thanks for sharing.

Lon

This is an outstanding image and I love the metallic look it has!

What fantastic lines and textures. A real find. I, too, wonder about a crop of the dark at the bottom, but not sure how it would affect the photo on the whole.

Thank you for your comments. I have another image that crops from the top and bottom and I did not like it nearly as much as the one posted,