Sand Pattern

This was a lucky find at the beach. I went there with my wife to find some solitude and found some great patterns.

Specific Feedback Requested

I welcome an comments

Technical Details

Canon R5, 24-105mm @ 29mm, f/16, 1/160sec. iso 250, hand held. Local and global contrast in PS

1 Like

Looks like a sand painting, Don. What a great find and nicely seen.

Don,

I would say this was a bonanza at the beach! Great find and a gold mine of shapes, patterns and textures.

I like this very much as presented - including the color. I don’t think this would be as successful in B&W, although I could easily be wrong.

I also think as a bonus, there are numerous crops. I see a decent result from just the LL quadrant, more or less - but that area supports all the patterns and color that are present throughout. I think the darker patterns on the right start to complicate or make the overall image a little more busy - but that’s getting picky! Oh, and dthe ripples in the UR bring a bit of reality to this, which conversely reduces the abstract impact; so cropping that too is an option.

No doubt fantastic patters, shapes, etc. found with this. Safe to say you don’t find stuff like this very often at the beach!

Lon

This is really well done Don. Great find at the beach. Love the patterns and variation in colors. As Lon mentioned, there are many ways to crop this one to nudge it further into abstraction. Regardless, wonderful image!