Sanderling Scamper

Hi All,

Been buried with work and haven’t posted in a while. Hopefully, I’ll have more time to participate here as the year comes to a close. Shot this back in late September on a very cold and wet evening lying in the sand in New Jersey.

In post, I leveled the photo, cropped to move the bird off center, sharpened the bird a bit, and reduced noise on the BG. All C&C welcome.

Techs:
D850
500mm f/4 AF-S II, handheld
ISO 800
1/4000
f/7.1

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

@feelingruby

1 Like

So nice! Excellent light, complementary color, action, sharpness where it matters, catchlight in the eye. Wouldn’t change a thing! A joy to see this little fella scampering across the surf!

A very sweet shot, Lyle. Lovely light and the ground level angle works its usual magic.

Nice pose with both feet off the ground. Good detail and nice low angle; looks as if you had some nice light.

Good for you to pay the price and get that nice low angle. I really like the dark blue bg . It sets the bird off nicely.

Hi Lyle
Well lying in the cold wet sand produced a excellent photograph. I love that both feet are off the ground. Very good framing action and detail.
Peter

Pleasant light and setting. I actually like the specular highlights in the foam. Nice image.

Excellent low angle and fun pose…highlights add to image.

hello, Lyle, you caught one of my favourite species, love the way it has both feet off the ground. Nice light as a bonus. Well-deserved EP ! Cheers, Hans