Sanderling - Windy Day at Breezy Point

While helping a friend conduct the annual New York State Ornithological Association waterfowl count this past weekend, I took a few moments to get down on the sand and shoot some of the Sanderling scampering on the beach. Almost had a bit of a disaster, but managed to get onto my feet just before a wave came rushing in. It was cold enough not being soaking wet! :cold_face:

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7D Mark II w/100-400 . 1/5000 sec at f/5.6. 400mm. ISO 800

1 Like

Lovely action shot, Marc. Typical pose and habitat - the bokeh in the BG adds to the image imo. Cheers, Hans

1 Like

A typical Sanderling pose, Marc. I wonder if there’s a shot in existence of one standing still? The really low angle works very well and I’m glad to hear you escaped the wave.

1 Like

A pretty little bird in a lovely setting. The effort to get low paid off with a dandy photo. I really like the setting.

1 Like

Hi Marc
The Sanderling looks great. I like the wind effect on it’s feathers, the low angle and the nice sunny day at the beach. The photograph was worth, the chance of getting wet.
Peter

1 Like

Brilliant action shot. Love the little super sharp bird hurrying to catch the bus? :slight_smile:

1 Like