Sandhill Crane with Snow

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

When it is dark and gloomy outside, the color of a winter sandhill crane has some pop to it. This one has been busy probing in the swampy soil for earthworms and crayfish.

Technical Details

Z9 400mm f4 (1/2000 sec at f6.3, ISO 2500) Levels, Adobe DeNoise in Lightroom, Topaz Sharpen AI. Slight crop for comp…Jim

2 Likes

Impressive portrait! It has so much detail and a nice soft color in the background. I really like how the snow adds some texture, and the light is so nice.

2 Likes

Jim, a truly wonderful detailed portraiture of this crane. One of those scenes were things all come together for a very short time. Excellent work here… :+1:

2 Likes

Simply superb!! Wonderful detail on the crane, with the pose showing he is interested in something, probably something edible. The BG is fantastic, with the “different sized” snow flakes and excellent colors!

2 Likes

Stunning image and color. I agree the crane’s head and eye’s add the depth to the image. Nicely focused on the eye and everything appears very sharp. The light snow falling, enhances the composition as well as the light. When I pull up the full-size image, it is equally stunning. Beautiful capture of this Sandhill Crane.

1 Like