Sandhill Cranes + REDO

Redo

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

From a boat in the Okefenokee Swamp Canal. A tiny part of the frame. Only two we saw all day.

Specific Feedback

Cropping and overall

Technical Details

Oh they look great, Steve. They must have been far away. Weirdly as I had this open and was going to respond, two took off from just up river and flew below the tree line in the backyard, calling as they went out of sight. No pictures, but that song is so worth hearing. The softness of the vegetation is interesting here and like how much the birds show well in it, especially those red heads. Maybe a tiny bit more room over them? You could add canvas if there is something distracting back there.

Hi Steve. I love the cranes in that field of yellow flowers. It really works well. I do agree with @Kris_Smith about some more room on the top.

Thanks @Kris_Smith and @Dennis_Plank
As always I never when to stop
What do you thick?

I think this works, Steve.

A very pleasing scene. A nice look at the cranes in their environment. I like the added canvas on top, but I think I prefer the wider angle of the original. I also like that there seems to be more contrast in the redo, but I think I’d try to keep the background foliage when the extra canvas is added.

The added room is nice, but the tonalities in the original are less forced to me. Go your own way though, this is your shot.