Sardinera

Wave break on the north coast of Puerto Rico

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

I think you have a good idea with this image. The lone rock in the water with such a good sky are all great components. I wonder if you’re aware that when you shoot moving water from close to far at a slow shutter speed the blurriness changes throughout the image (the closer water moves faster through the frame). I personally would prefer that the water motion look the same throughout the image. As we get further and further down in the frame the water becomes more undefined and less interesting.

I like this image a lot Augusto. Would love to see the technical details here. I think the lower bottom area could be lightened up and a bit of contrast or clarity added to increase the visual impact and interest.
The sky is awesome.

1 Like

I like this a lot, too. The shutter speed works well for me throughout and I love the rock pulling me out toward the beautiful sky. This is a very unique perspective and a really good image.

Igor, I had never noticed the difference in the rate of water movement in this type of photo. But what you say makes perfect sense to me. I will take this into account from now on. Thank you for yor comentary.

David, Thank you for your comment. This file lost the exif information during export. Let me find the original file to publish the data

Thank you for yor comentary.

I like this for it’s very unique close and low perspective on the waves. (I hope you have insurance for your camera gear :smile:)

The other thing I like about the image is the way the rock in the center almost looks like a distant sea stack, even though I know it isn’t. Well done Augusto…