Scenic Grazing

I was on my way to Anchorage from Valdez, Alaska when I found these moose alongside the road, grazing on early Spring grasses. I automatically brought out the big lens and shot a bunch of close-ups but then realized that the landscape behind them was pretty awesome also so I grabbed the camera with the wide angle lens and took this shot. I already posted this in the Weekly Challenge for the Small in the Frame challenge but thought it would work for the Landscape category also. I might even put a copy in the Wildlife category next :wink:

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Sony a6300, SEL1670Z @ 58 mm, ISO-100, f/8.0, 1/1000, hand held.

@garyminish
2 Likes

The landscape looks so crisp and beautiful. The moose are an extra bonus.

This is a perfect environmental shot, Gary. The landscape is awesome, your composition is spot on, and the moose are the icing on the cake. Excellent.

Gary, I like how the goose in the right looks at the gay in the left, thinking: “Where is it going?” Good choose for Landscape.

What an awesome sighting to get not just 1 but 2 moose! And they just happen to be in jaw-dropping scenery! You captured it beautifully!

A really good decision on your part, how often does one get to see moose in such an epic setting as this. Maybe in aAlaska that happens all the time but this is pretty awesome as far as I’m concerned.
And the way the moose on the right is looking directly across the image to the other moose is just perfect. The overall composition is very well balanced, A wonderful image, and moment in time. Thanks for sharing this with us Gary.

Love the shot , Gary. Good light too.