Self-soothing (+1 re-work)

With the grass slightly warmed as per Diane’s suggestion with the right shot -

Just as we were putting dinner together last night, the twins showed up on the back lawn. I tiptoed out onto the deck (1 story up) and shot a ton of photos of them. Of course they wouldn’t lie down together like this, so here is only one. It was pure luck that I got it mid-lick. Its sibling was just behind and to the left and so the ears point over that way. No idea where mom was.

The flies were driving this one crazy and it jumped up and raced around trying to get away from them. It would also try to bite them out of the air which I’d never seen before. I think I have a couple of shots of this, but it’s hard to tell what it’s doing from a still.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything useful for improvement is welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Handheld while sitting and braced on the deck railing.

Sent to Topaz DeNoise then Sharpen. Tried Sharpen alone with heavy noise selected and it wasn’t doing a good job.

Lr for a crop and general improvements to white & black points, texture & contrast.

@the.wire.smith
1 Like

Sweet!! My only thought is a subtle toning down of the greens and bending them a little warmer (but not yellow-green) to make the color more analogous to the fawn. It’s a subtle way to integrate the two different elements, even though the green is lovely.

Thanks Diane. They are a delight to watch. From their first tentative forays with mom to the more assured ‘teenagers’ of late summer. They will stay with her until she has new fawns next year. I put a warmed up version in the OP. I think it works a little better. You are the Queen of Green!

You’re so lucky to have them come close to your home! Such a sweet shot! Love the soft green colors too.

A cool subject to have in the backyard.
I really like the composition in second post, while I prefer the grasses in second image but would like to retain the saturation of deer in the first image.

You know, J, I put up the wrong shot. OMG what a dope. I didn’t even notice. Must have been posting while totally distracted.

And yeah, I like having them around. Most of the time. Have to use a stinky spray to keep them out of my flowers. I don’t have a lot of garden, but they seem to like almost everything in it.