Sepia

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This was a simple scene I came across while on a short hike through a small park in Boston. I wasn’t expecting to find much in this little park in the middle of a residential neighborhood, but it turned out to be a fantastic day. This image was so simple, and the little bumps on the leafe were interesting, too. (I think they are called galls?) I could not help but frame it up and create this image.

Specific Feedback

Composition, post-processing, overall thought.

Technical Details

Canon R5
0.4 Sec @ f 11
105mm ISO 100

Edited in Lightroom.

1 Like

This is nice, Todd!
My only feedback is to crop it. I’m not sure you need all the wood stuff on the right hand side.

This is lovely, I realy like the simplicity of the colours. I quite like the asymetrical crop as well, but the right edge is not entirely sharp; it sees a shame to loose the rich dark browns there in a crop, but I do find the lack of sharpness there a bit distracting.

Excellent!! It’s so nice when a nondescript location can yield interesting shots. I don’t mind the bit of softness but I might crop in just enough to remove most of the lighter stuff.