Setting Moon Over Ring Of Fire

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

A setting full moon over a ring of barrel cactus. A location near the Contact Mine area in JTNP.

Specific Feedback

ANY

Technical Details

Mamiya RB 67 ProSD - Mamiya “C” 127mm lens - Singh Ray 3 stop soft grad - Kodak Ektachrome E-100.

3 Likes

The subtle evening light presents this rugged arid scene in a soft elegant way, Paul. I like the color gradation in the sky and the full moon is definitely a plus. The red prickly stems of the barrel provide a nice splash of warm color in this desert landscape. No suggestions from me. Merry Christmas!

Paul, this is a beauty. The scattered red barrel cacti balance well with the Yucca and the large rocks glow nicely. The full moon is a great addition. I also like how the rocky foreground pulls my eyes to the right and into the distance.

@Denise_Dethlefsen @linda_mellor @Ed_Lowe @Mark_Seaver thank you each for your reviews on this image. I’ve been to this location in JTNP a few times and most recently used Google Pro-Earth & the TPE program to prepare for this opportunity. In the end, there is always a bit of luck that helps bring things together. Happy New Year to you all. Be safe out there… :+1:

2 Likes