Settling in for the Night

Just last week I walked over to where I’ve seen the migrant geese come last year. I waited and was rewarded with getting to a watch a few different groups fly in at sunset to land into the field below for an overnight stay. This is looking East as the sun had set behind me.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything. I know it’s a bit noisy… I did like how this flock was dispersed, do you?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, ISO 3200, 1/600, f/6.3, 255mm
Adjusted contrast brought up , highlights brought down, sharpened a little, nothing else.

1 Like

I like the color of the sky. The coolness goes well with your title. The large view shows a pretty good look at the geese.

1 Like

The geese are in a pleasing and dynamic arrangement, appropriate to their movement. They are sharp and the sky color is very nice. Noise is not bothersome to me. Good work!

1 Like

Thanks so much for looking and your comments @Allen_Brooks and @Diane_Miller. I’m glad you think it works. I was pretty amazed at the colors in the sky and to have the geese pose so well for me! Haha! :slight_smile:

Very nice, Vanessa. I do like the arrangement of the geese and the noise is not an issue with me. The sky color is awesome.

1 Like

Outstanding sky color and goose arrangement

1 Like

Thanks @Dennis_Plank and @David_Schoen for looking and your comments! I’m glad you like the sky colors too. When I saw it when I downloaded it I was afraid people would think it looks unnatural, but it really did have that purplish hue for a few minutes anyway! I was glad to have caught it.