Migration

Last Spring there were hundreds if not thousands of geese flying through every day on migration. Not sure where they go or come from but they seem to do this every year. This was in the evening and there were hundreds of different flocks merging together and gathering in a field for the night.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400, 300mm, ISO 800, 1/500, f/6.3. Converted to black and white, adjusted contrast, highlights, exposure, erased half geese and wings on the edges.

Nice capture of the flock. The geese look pretty sharp.

1 Like

Superb flock shot. Excellent detail and distribution.

1 Like

Awesome, Vanessa. I really like how most of the birds are separated from each other. Great flock scene!

1 Like

A very good flock image, Vanessa. It’s almost impossible to get a really artistic image of these flocks flying over (I’ve deleted thousands), but it’s an excellent behavioral and documentary image with a nice distribution of the birds in the frame.

You’re on the Pacific migration flyway with a long string of wildlife refuges north and south of you, so you should get lots of migrating birds.

1 Like

Thanks so much @Allen_Brooks @Dennis_Plank @David_Bostock @David_Schoen for looking at my image and your feedback. I didn’t know that this was an actual migration route @Dennis_Plank! That explains why I’ll see a certain bird, like these geese or even the bushtits, for a few weeks and then they’re gone! That’s really neat. I’m still waiting for my turkey vultures to come back! It’s been a colder year. Last year I saw my first one in January! I think I saw one very far away and flying overhead just the other day but nobody really yet.