Shades

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

out looking for fresh ideas and saw this plant Decided to shoot it with different light source.

Specific Feedback

The top is framed so the pedals run off the frame. For me it gives balance for the top and bottom. I could crop this different and just show the darker pedals. just a matter of taste. Shot with artificial light from the back and then inverted. Has a delicate look to it …

Technical Details

ISO 1600 shutter 80 f16 this is a guess but i feel i’m close.

1 Like

Gill, I like this. And I think B&W works well for this. A very nice balance, as you said. Well done!

Interesting idea and the IQ and tonalities look good. I like that the one flower is darker. But for me, the composition feels cramped and jumbled, but that’s just my feeling and it shouldn’t influence yours.

I understand. It could be framed different ways.
Thanks.

Hi Gill, nicely balanced as you said and the close up look gives plenty to explore. B&W treatment works well. Soft focus adds to a painterly feel. Well done.

Thanks. I look at Edward Weston photography and see that little bit of softness that I really like. In my opinion it gives a photo a little delicate vibe. Not everything is perfect.

Thanks for showing interest :camera_flash::camera_flash::camera_flash: