Shrouded

Sony A77II
Sony DT 16-50 f2.8
ISO 200, 1/200 @ f5.6
Lower Yellowstone Falls, YNP
On our first full morning last summer in Yellowstone Phil Hodgkins and I got over to the lower falls before dawn. In early June the sun rises in the northeast and almost shines directly down the canyon on the falls. On this morning heavy cloud/fog settled in the canyon and only allowed fleeting glimpses of the falls. I have a number of shots of the falls in sunlight but I like this one because of the atmospherics. All comments welcome. >=))>

1 Like

Bill, this is a special view of an often photographed spot. How nice to have the fog/cloud adding a sense of mystery.

I think you have made a very beautiful image of this place, Bill. The fog adds so much mood to it and you have timed it right with the fog opening on the waterfall. My only suggestion is to burn that LLC cliff by just a little bit. It’s not too big of a distraction for me but it does get a little attention because of its brightness.

Love this photo of the lower falls Bill. I agree with you, I’ve seen (and taken) many photo of these falls in sunlight. But one is unique, special and nicely done.