Silver Falls Park, OR

5D2, 17-40L, CPL

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
2 Likes

I really like the peaceful feel of the image. That is what drew me into the image. The colors are soft and gentle and I like the composition. Well done seeing a simple image and capturing it well.

A very simple but effective composition Danny. The three parallel lines of the trees work really well together. I like how you handled l the luminosity of the shadow areas, it gives the yellow tree a luminous glow. Overall I like the image very much, I wouldn’t change a thing about it.

I agree with Ed - a very well composed image. The colours and light are gorgeous and the three vertical elements - the small yellow birch(?), and the two parallel trunks - really ground the image. Very nice work in post. I also wouldn’t change a thing.

Wonderful color and luminosity Danny. I agree with the others on the pleasant composition.

I am really a fan of the composition and colors, certainly for all the reasons cited by others. In addition I find attractive the shallow V formed by the ascending left branch of the vine maple opposite that of the Douglas-fir. I also appreciate that you caught all the vine maple colors, green, yellow, amber, and a little red. Cool stuff

Looks to be a vine maple. They are the prettiest maple trees around here. I agree that using the large back trees as ‘shadow’ subjects works very well here. The maple has good luminosity from soft sunlight - not too flat and not too harsh. Don’t know what to suggest really.

Oh wow! I like this a lot Danny! I especially like the contrast between the autumn leaves and the conifer trees in the background which also add a sense of scale. Beautifully done!

This is a beautiful woodland image - love the contrast in colors between the wonderful yellow leaves and darker background. It is so difficult to find and isolate an interesting subject in the middle of a busy forest, but this works great. Thanks for sharing.