Silvered Leaves

This was taken on one of the few frosty mornings we had this winter. The frost outlining the patterns and textures in the leaves really appealed to me.

Specific Feedback Requested

I tried doing a white vignette. I think I like it more than the dark vignette. Do you think the white vignette works? Is it enough? Should I darken the leaves in that are surrounded by the vignette?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

I really like this, Chris. Such uniform frost. It’s like velvet. I’d eliminate the vignette altogether. I think the image holds my attention well enough without manipulating me. Maybe just a touch of the brush to bring out the darker areas. Surely a winner. Don’t you just love frost? Second to fog as a photographer’s best friend!

1 Like

Oooh, gorgeous! Those small bits of brown give this nice depth. The light vignette isn’t working for me - those bright corners draw my eyes out of the frame, not in. That’s a nit, though.

1 Like

Beautiful image. Even before reading any comments, my thoughts agree with @Bonnie_Lampley about dumping the vignette. I immediately felt like the bright edges were pulling me out of the image. Otherwise, a really fine image. Beautiful soft color, lines and textures.

1 Like

Chris, this a lovely “frosted leaves” image. The heavy frost is excellent with the subtle browns of the leaves adding a touch of warmth and excellent details. I too find the “blurred white corners” distracting.

1 Like

Thank you all for your feedback. It was very valuable.

Just gorgeous, Chris. Love the frost on the leaves. I agree with the rest, the vignette is pulling me away from the beautiful scene.

1 Like

Beautiful Shot, I think I would eliminate the vignette altogether.

1 Like

O, I like this. The cool whites against the warm browns. And the textures and structures accentuated by the frost. I also like the roof tile pattern of the leaves. The vignette has already been mentioned… How about a anti clockwise rotation of 90 degrees? Great find.