Simplicity

A Grebe and its chick head off at Sunrise.

It was early morning and the sun was turning a nice color, low on the water. I just liked these two heading off into the mist.

Specific Feedback Requested

any and all!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
1/1000, f/5.6, 480mm on a 1.5x crop sensor, and ISO 140

4 Likes

Oh wow, Mark! I really enjoy your work and I don’t want you to take this wrong, but this is my absolute favorite of anything I’ve seen you post before! It’s a landscape/waterscape/sunsrise/wildlife all wrapped up into one. It’s got such a peaceful, comforting, ‘we’re home’ kind of feeling to it. It’s hard to describe. Just perfect!

1 Like

Great light. A peaceful scene. Well done.

1 Like

Super – light, mist, color, great subjects, great composition!

1 Like

Agree with all the above - I love how there is no horizon, just a mysterious distance. Top-notch.

1 Like

@Vanessa_Hill , @Allen_Brooks , @Mike_Friel , @Diane_Miller - Thank you all very much for your comments. I’m glad you liked this scene as much as I did!

Sir, you scored here. This is absolutely fantastic. And already an editors pick. Congratulations.

2 Likes

Hi Mark
This photograph is a nature story, a family story and a outstanding photograph.
Peter

Congratulations, Mark! :smile:

Thank you @David_Bostock , @Vanessa_Hill (again!), and @peter. Sometimes the simplest of things say a lot. I’m heartened that you like this too.
PS - @Keith_Bauer, I’m honored at the Editor’s Pick!

Beautiful image, Mark. Sorry it’s taken me so long to get to it. The light is incredible and the simple composition works wonderfully. A very well deserved EP on this one.

1 Like

Outstanding simplicity and color!

1 Like

before I saw the title, “simplicity” is what came to mind. I do like to refer to it as “stunning simplicity” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you @J_Fritz_Rumpf !

1 Like