The photographer is looking for thoughtful feedback on the image as a whole, especially around the areas noted below.
Feedback Focus: Artistic / Expressive
About This Image
As landscape photographers are well aware interesting clouds and light are often fleeting. What is present one minute can be quickly gone. Luckily for me that was not the case on this evening. After I finished taking photos in one location, I saw the sky light up in a totally different spot. In the time it took me to drive over there the light only got better, allowing me to get this image of a brilliant summer sky after a storm had passed.
Feedback Requested
General feedback including any thoughts about the mood and feeling this image creates.
Technical Details
Camera: Canon EOS R6m2
Lens: RF24-105mm F4 L IS USM
Focal length: 105mm
Shutter speed: 1/30s
Aperture: f/6.3
ISO: 400
Processed in LR
Ted: What a beautiful scene and I like that there is just enough detail in the FG to increase the interest there vs going to a pure silhouette. I also like the amount of FG you have. Nicely crafted image. >=))>
You’ve got to love when the color just goes on and on. It paid off well for you to catch such a beautiful glow. I think the mood and feeling work well; it gives me the peace that I often feel at sunrise and sunset.
Just some food for thought ideas, just as likely to be horrible as helpful. I played with a tighter crop, softening the edges of some of those smaller clouds, and opening the bottom half of the image for contrast:
Thank you @Bill_Fach and @John_Williams for your comments. I like how you opened up the blacks to reveal some subtle texture at the bottom of the frame John. I usually do that with my images, but in this case I did not.