Sleeping Beauty

Critique Style Requested: Initial Reaction

Please share your immediate response to the image before reading the photographer’s intent (obscured text below) or other comments. The photographer seeks a genuinely unbiased first impression.

Questions to guide your feedback

Any feedback is welcome!

Other Information

Please leave your feedback before viewing the blurred information below, once you have replied, click to reveal the text and see if your assessment aligns with the photographer. Remember, this if for their benefit to learn what your unbiased reaction is.

Image Description

There is no better way to end a safari than by admiring this lady while she was taking her nap unperturbed…
Samburu - Kenya

Critique Template

Use of the template is optional, but it can help spark ideas.

• Vision and Purpose:
  • Conceptual:
  • Emotional Impact and Mood:
  • Composition:
  • Balance and Visual Weight:
  • Depth and Dimension:
  • Color:
  • Lighting:
  • Processing:
  • Technical:

Beautiful image Ingrid. Some day I would love to get a chance to see this in person. Until then, thank you for posting them for us. The BG is busy, but reality. Nice work on getting a great focus on the leopard and the branch. I love those spots, and the bits of light coming through.

Beautiful frame, I really like spot light on leopard !
You may include some more canvas on LHS.

Ingrid: This photo shows just how at home they are in a tree. I like the dappled sunllight on the leopard. I would like a bit more room on the left if possible.

Exceptional image - that sleeping pose (and balance) is wonderul.
I agree with a bit more room on the left, if possible

Thanks a lot all for your wonderful feedback. I’m afraid this is the full image, so there’s no more room on the left. It was not possible to get further away at the time. Thank you!!!