Sleeping in the Snow

This image was taken yesterday, April 2, 2020, on my way to town. I had my big camera along because it was snowing, and I thought I might get some snow pictures on my way to get groceries.
I took this while sitting in my Jeep on the road. They were not very far into the trees, and I did not want to disturb them.
This is a cow moose lying down, and just to her right is last year’s calf. You can only see its ear an shoulder.
I know this isn’t a great wildlife image by any means, but it sure does show the environment, and I think that is what attracted me to this image.

I cropped this to get rid of snow and some bushes in the FG, and to center the animals. Anything else that would help it? There are really OOF twigs in front of the two moose, but I don’t think I even want to try to get rid of those.

Probably not very artistic, huh?

Canon 5Dmkiv, 100-400 lens at 170 mm, 1/640 sec, f6 ISO 4000. It was snowing and somewhat dim lighting, as this was about 8:30 AM. I cropped the image by about 30 %, did Shadow/Highlights, and sharpened it.

What a special treat for you to find Genny. They definitely blend into their environment. Isn’t nature grand how all of this is designed? Thanks for sharing and posting this photo.