Slides At Meadow Run

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The Slides At Meadow Run in Ohio Pyle SP, PA are a popular place for the locals to visit and get cooled off. The day we were there it was definitely on the cool side, but that didn’t stop a few people from taking a dip. We got there early and were able to catch a few images before a few brave souls started to arrive. This is a place I would like to revisit in the fall and do a little more exploring upstream.

The conditions were perfect as we had a light rain along with some soft overcast light which was perfect for capturing some wonderful details.

Specific Feedback

All C&C welcome; anything that comes to mind.

Technical Details

Nikon Z7, Nikon 14-30 @ 15mm, f 11 @ 1/4 sec, ISO 200, Kase magnetic CPL, cable release & tripod.

Ed, the across the full frame zig-zag of the water and the bright greens at the back creates a strong 3D feeling here. The greens show the benefits of the overcast, as do the details in the wet rocks. I do think that some subtle dodging of the darker trees in the upper left might look good.

Ed, I really like this image and feel that the edit is spot on as well as the original capture. There are no distractions to the central subject of the the stream and the beautiful lines created by the slower shutter speed. Robert

Sooo nice!! You framed a lovely sweep here, with the lines of the rocks and trees matching and enhancing that of the water. I love the dramatic dropoff in the LL corner. I’m surprised that it doesn’t pull my eye out of the scene, but rather I enter the image there and fight the lovely soft current upstream to the enchanted forest! Not quite sure why, but (for me, anyway) it works!!