Sliver of a Moon

This was right before sunrise and I liked the colors of the moon against the sky.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D3400
72mm, 1/125, f/4.8, ISO 800
Brought up contrast +26, and vibrance, saturation to +14, did noise reduction, texture, clarity, sharpened., I originally had a tree top at the bottom but ended up cropping it out.

apani.hill

Vanessa, the sliver of the moon is nice and warmly colored. I’m not “getting” the story of what the vast amount of blackness is saying.

Sorry, I didn’t know there had to be a story. It’s just the sky that the moon is in. It’s how it looked when I was there, also I thought it was more deep blue, at least that’s how it looks to me, which is why I put it in the weekly challenge for opposite complementary colors.

There doesn’t always need to be a story, but a picture does need to create interest on the part of the viewer. The photog (including myself) always is interested otherwise we wouldn’t take the picture. The challenge is creating something that others, who don’t know the circumstances, find interesting. If there were blue in the sky, that might help, but even then the expanse of the negative space, needs to be making a statement of some sort. A bit of something earthbound in the lower left might help…food for thought

@Mark_Seaver , maybe next time, I’ll try my tree idea like this time that didn’t work, but try to catch the moon lower in the sky