Slot Canyons

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

These are the slot canyons in Page AZ. It has been on my bucket list for some time, so I finally made the trip. A truly magnificent site to see! These are no tripods allowed, so all images are handheld, and in most cases very low light situations.

Specific Feedback

I had to shoot at a high ISO due to the low light (ISO 5,000) with my Z7ii. Everyone says these days the newer cameras can take clean shots at high ISO’s. Not true in my case. There was quite a bit of noise that I tried to remove. What do you think? Also appreciate thoughts on lighting and color.

Technical Details

19mm, 1/100, F4, ISO 5000

Wonderful light and composition. I would try shifting the color balance a very slight bit from yellow to magenta.

Thanks, I’ll play with it. Most appreciated!

A classic and solid slot canyon shot! I love the vibrance and luminosity here. To me the image just exudes “joy”.

Thanks Tom, most appreciated!

What a gorgeous place!! I love the texture and color that you captured. I’ve been twice to the Slot Canyons in AZ. Magical!

Thanks so much! A magical place.