Small Blue Kingfisher

Thank you so much for your kind comments & views!

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5D4; 500 mm; 1.4x; ISO 320; 1/200 sec. at F 5.6.

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

What a cool looking bird! I want one. I think you really nailed it. I have to confess that I’m a little distracted by the web address on the right. Maybe smaller and on the lower left area? So, do these guys grab fish from the water surface like Kingfishers?

Beautiful. Not even the slightest nit.

Excellent backlit image, Jagdeep. Those feet positively glow. I do think you could have gone with a much higher iso and correspondingly smaller aperture to get a little more depth of field, but it’s still beautiful as posted.

Thanks friends!
They do catch the fish, in fact a friend of mine captured on the same very perch, male giving fish to the female, the previous day. I happened to spend more than 15 hours here but no luck. :frowning:

Hi Jagdeep,

No nits here and the colors are rich, but not over the top. Well done…Jim

Hi Jagdeep, I love kingfishers and this is a fine capture. Nice details even with the light coming from the back of the bird. Depth of field looks fine to me. Nice background to set this bird off so well. Nicely done.