White-throated Kingfisher

Thank you so much for your kind comments & views!

Pertinent technical details or techniques: Canon 5D4; 500 ; 1.4X; ISO 640; 1/400 sec. at F 5.6

(If backgrounds have been removed, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Jagdeep, beautiful. I love the soft rim light around the kingfisher. Were you on a hide to capture this? They seem to be one of the shiest birds out there.

1 Like

Hello, Jagdeep. Gorgeous backlight on the Kingfisher. Perch and BG are nice as well. Great work as always. Cheers, Hans

1 Like

wonderful little 'fisher , in a nice pose and excellent BG.
Have never seen even an image of this fellow - quite beautiful and unique.
Your usual excellent techs and framing.
I love how the light makes the beak glow.
Sandy

1 Like

I love the back lighting, Jagdeep, particularly the beak. I think you could bring up the face just a touch more without it looking unnatural. Other than that, a wonderful image.

1 Like

Ditto comments from Dennis

Very nice capture. No complaints here. If this type of Kingfisher is as hard to get close to as the Belted Kingfishers are here you really scored!

1 Like

Thanks friends!
Adhika: No I wasn’t in a hide, actually this happened to be a favorite perch of courting pair of Small Blue KF and this arrived as a pleasant surprise. :sunglasses:

Really nice capture Jagdeep. Fine details in the shadows caused by the backlighting. I like the glow around the bird. Nice background too. Terrific frame.

1 Like