Small Blue Kingfisher

On a recent trip to Corbett National Park, I was shooting big elephants on one hand & small Kingfisher on other, quite a contrast in sizes !

Specific Feedback Requested

XXX

Technical Details

Canon R 5; 500 mm lens; 2X; ISO 1250; 1/1000 sec. at f 8.

4 Likes

He is beautiful, Jagdeep! I love his pose. The colors and details of the bird are excellent, and I love the complimentary colors in the smooth BG. Those water drops on hm is icing on the cake.

1 Like

A beautiful bird, and very well photogrphed, Jagdeep.

1 Like

You caught her very well, Jagdeep. I love how this species seems to live all over the world - and yet one can never tire of it, it’s so beautiful - and its behaviour is so interesting.

1 Like

Hi J Rajput
The feather detail and coloring on this Kingfisher is amazing.
Peter

1 Like

Certainly a contrast in size to what you were shooting Jagdeep. From elephants to king fishers. Wow! :slight_smile: So much to like here. The light is gorgeous. Soft but with depth. The pose that shows off the orange of the breast and belly, both feet are visible, the blues in the wings and tail and the fine detail feathers in the head are all first rate. The water droplets take this to another level. I love the perch and the background is dreamy and does not pull the eye at all but rather provides enough depth and information to know this is a river where he’s fishing. Kudos on a wonderful image.

1 Like