Snow tree

This is kind of old…
it’s from February 2009.

This was sort of close to home, witch is a strange, since I’m living in the coast, and you not associate the Portuguese coast with snow…

Caramulinho, Serra do Caramulo (yes, sometime we have some snow in there)

Specific Feedback Requested

C/C welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D80
Nikon 18-70

Ghostly trees indeed. Some of the branches appear to be broken. It seems to need more or less of the trees, I can’t decide which. More for context and less for graphic impact depending on what you like. The parallel trunks feel like they’ve been together a long time and I wonder if they are one tree that has split further down. A bit of mystery.

It looks like you made the most of some special conditions. I like the high key treatment here, it adds to the dreamy, ethereal feeling of these ghostly trees. I also like that you kept this color instead of converting to B&W, the colors here are subtle, but they add to the mood.

I agree with @Kris_Smith about wanting to see either more or less of the trees. In this case I think I would prefer to see less, in order to emphasize the abstract, graphic qualities of the scene. I would crop from the bottom, because that’s where the image is the most busy, and because the branch in the LRC leads my eye out of the frame. Here is a rework with a suggested crop from the bottom.

1 Like

Funny, before reading the comments, I was thinking exactly what @Kris_Smith mentioned about wanting either more or less of the tree. @Ed_McGuirk 's crop seems to address that well. Real nice dreamy mood to this one that I like.

Thank you all for your comments.
I really like @Ed_McGuirk approach.