Snowy field

A foggy day and flat light but the oranges in the old branches and reeds were saturated.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback welcomed

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Aps-c. @80mm f4 1/100 sec

cvotos
1 Like

Charles, there is a nice contrast here between the minimalism of the foggy and snowy landscape, against the color, texture and shapes of the branches. It’s an interesting juxtaposition. The inclusion of the distant pine trees is very important in terms of creating some depth, without those trees the horizon is barely visible.

I know you are aiming for a high key look, but my only suggestion is to pull the white point back very slightly, on my monitor it appears somewhat close to clipping (especially just above the tops of the bushes).

1 Like

Interesting juxtaposition, with the features in the midground snow unifying the FG and BG. Well done!

1 Like

Charles

I really like the minimalism and the juxtaposition of the foreground and background (as Diane pointed out) - there is a yin and yang here that I really like that I didn’t notice at first. Well done.

Amy

The bush in the foreground is fantastic - both in terms of shape and colour. I’m a bit torn about the evergreens in the background. While they provide context to the scene, they also keep pulling my eyes away from the great foreground.

Hi all thank you for the comments! I read them all at the time but just realizing now that I never replied at the time. They were all very helpful for getting me to think of it. I did end of pulling back the high key a bit, and tried to balance the dark of the trees at the back a little.